Getting better by doing less?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Thought I'd fill you guys in on something I've noticed recently, sometimes the best way to get ahead is to take as step back.

With the recent success of my business I've found I have less time to get in my patented "High Intensity" workouts. My new schedule has me working around the clock in some cases ( I have clients on almost every continent now) so I just don't have the energy to train at 100%, let alone 90%.

Well after a bit of soul searching I opted to cut back a morning or two of high intensity training and put in mandatory Yoga or Prayer/Mediation, I make sure to get a minimum of 30 minutes a few times a week.

The results have been dramatic.

I feel refreshed, focused, and in some cases energized.

Sure, I wish my "prayer/meditation" was like this..
Sadly no, it's often more like this...
When you start to research this concept a bit you'll see that most major religions and philosophies have embraced some form of meditation. Wikipedia is a great source to go for finding out more information, you'll see most major religions and secular religious traditions represented.

So I encourage you to go, read, learn, and try it out, perhaps you'll be surprised at the results.

Marana Tha!

-hz


Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comments:

BJJquest said...

good idea and really helpful when your injured like me.