Getting Started...

Saturday, December 8, 2007

What is White Collar Jiu-Jitsu? In it's most basic form, WCBJJ is for the working man/woman. The grappler who has kids, a job, perhaps a mortgage, and precious little time to train. In fact, WCBJJ is for the person who would gladly trade money for more time to train.

Who am I? Well I'm a father, husband, small business owner, and BJJ player. I've been rolling for a few years, formerly a GI guy, now training almost exclusively No Gi. During the last few years of training I've learned a good bit about what you can do off the mat to make your time on the mat more valuable. Let's face it, if you are reading this blog it's because you don't have the time to train as much as you'd like, perhaps you are getting a session once a week or maybe twice a week, however you want to make the most of that time and more importantly, the most of your non-training time.

What sort of things am I going to talk about?

Here's a sampling:

  • Good methods of documenting your lessons, how to use freely available software to make the most of your training sessions.
  • Strength Training and Conditioning resources and recommendations to get more out of your gym workouts.
  • DVDs and Books that provided value on and off the mat.
  • Yoga and flexibility resources to improve your game and recovery.
  • Natural herbs, vitamins, and supplements to aid in recovery.
  • And anything else that comes to mind.
You can trust that anything I talk about here I've tried and used for a period of time. If I recommend something it's because it worked for me, not because I get a deal on selling them to you.

With that being said I hope you enjoy the material.

Train Smart

-hz

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog today and I love it! I'm a Registered Acupuncturist/Chinese Medicine Practitioner, husband, father and small business owner. I primarily partake in Chinese Boxing (Wing Chun) and Western Boxing - but would love to get back to my NoGi JJ game some time in the future.

Keep up the great posts. You are now part of my Google Reader entourage!